Nextag, Inc. - Website Privacy Statement/Your California Privacy Rights
Effective September 10, 2010
- Scope and Changes
NexTag, Inc. and/or our subsidiaries ("Nextag, " "us" or "we") operate the websites www.nextag.com, www.calibex.com, and www.pricemachine.com (we refer to these websites as the "Websites"). This Website Privacy Statement is designed to inform you of the types of information we collect from users, how we use that information, and the circumstances under which we will share it with third parties. This Website Privacy Statement applies only to the Websites. It does not apply to your use of any other websites (whether or not operated by us), including any websites to which we provide links or websites of our partners or advertisers, or to any activities which are not online.
Some services referenced in this Privacy Statement are not available on some Websites. Portions of this Website Privacy Statement that pertain to such features or services may not be applicable on each of the Websites.
This Privacy Statement applies to all "users, " including those who visit the Websites without being registered. This Website Privacy Statement is effective as of the date listed above. Even if you read and/or agreed to a prior privacy statement, you need to review this updated version. We reserve the right to revise this Website Privacy Statement at any time and at our discretion, as described in this paragraph. If we decide to change our Website Privacy Statement, we will post those changes to this Website Privacy Statement accessible on the homepages of the Websites, and other places we deem appropriate. If, however, we are going to use users' personally identifiable information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection, we will notify users via either email or by posting a notice on the Websites for 30 days, prior to such use taking effect.
PEOPLE UNDER 18 YEARS OLD
Our Websites are not intended for use by people under eighteen (18) years of age. If you are under 18, please do not send any information to us. By accessing Websites or using our services, you represent that you are 18 years of age or older.
Information Collection & Use
This section describes the information that we collect about you and how it is used.
Information Submitted by You: You are not required to provide information about yourself when you visit our Websites but you may elect to do so, such as to take advantage of certain services or features. Examples of situations where you may submit information include:
- Account or Profile Information: On some of the Websites, you may become a registered user or register for email notices from us. If you do, we ask for some basic contact information, such as a username, ZIP Code and email address. In some cases, as described below, you may enter additional account information. You also may choose to provide other information, either as part of your public profile or otherwise, such as your age, gender or interests
- Customer Service: You may elect to provide us with information about your purchases, such as customer service requests or information about merchant issues.
- Content or Correspondence Submitted By You: If you choose to post content on any of the Websites (for example, a product or merchant review, wish list, or comment or discussion forums), or submit personal correspondence to Nextag, we may collect and maintain that information in a file specific to you. Our Websites may also allow you to interact and share personal information and data with others. For example, some of the Websites allow you to create lists of products that are interesting to you. The default for certain lists is for the list to be publicly available. You may change the privacy setting of your lists as provided on the Websites. Additionally, some of the Websites may allow you to share information on social networks, as described in the section "Social Networks".
Automatically Collected Information: Examples of information that may be automatically collected include:
- Log Files: Log files store information including internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks, and are used to analyze trends, administer the Websites, track users' movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. We do not tie log files to PII.
Information Supplied by Third Parties: We may receive information about you or your use of our or others' websites from other sources, including through the placement of our cookie or similar technology on third party merchant, partner and advertising sites and/or emails to collect the types of information described in Section 2(ii) regarding your use of those third party services. For example, we may receive product search or purchase information from merchants whose sites you visit after clicking on a product listing on our Website, updated or corrected contact information from third party vendors, credit or related information as part of vendors' fraud detection services (but only with users or merchant's permission to do so), or contact, demographic and other profile information through your interaction with us through social networking accounts, such as Facebook and Twitter (for example, by adding us as a friend on Facebook, following our Twitter account, or engaging in Facebook's "Like" feature). We also may receive or collect similar information from co-branded partners' sites that you visit.
Combining Information: We may combine the information that we receive about you from different sources. For example, information about your use of one of our Websites may be combined with information about your use of a different Website or a co-branded partners' site.
USES OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may use the information that we collect or receive to create a user profile in connection with your account. A profile is stored information that we keep on individual users that detail their viewing preferences, activities and interactions. We may augment the information that you provide to us with information that we collect about you or information from third parties, as described in this Privacy Statement.
The information that we receive about you, including profile information, allows us to provide a number of different services across the Websites and on other sites or applications. For example, we may use:
- Your ZIP Code, email address and/or geolocation to provide you with localized services, such as computing TruePrice, which reflects the cost of shipping and sales tax, and matching you with local service providers for some of the matching services we provide (e.g., products, services, deals and/or coupons available locally).
- Your IP address and/or unique device identifier at times to help identify you as you browse and to gather broad technical and demographic information on who uses our Websites.
- Your email address to provide you with certain information or updates (such as alerts, Radar, our newsletters, or deals notices) if requested by you and facilitate your provision of product or merchant reviews.
- The information to manage your account, facilitate the use of certain features of our Websites (e.g., personalized product recommendations, suggestions of content that may be of interest to you, TruePrice prices, submission of product/merchant reviews and creation of your lists) and to send you information about our company, services and products or offers from our partners and advertisers.
- Information about your use of our Websites and our partners' sites, such as your searches or browsing history, recently viewed items and the products you have purchased, to personalize your experience on the Websites and the search results that we provide you based on your interests, or make recommendations or suggestions to you and to provide you with content and advertising that is more relevant and interesting for you both on our Websites and on third party sites.
- Anonymous use and browsing information to improve the Websites and our services or third party services such as by analyzing what content or services are helpful or interesting to users, provide better recommendations, perform site optimization, managing content on our Websites by informing us what content and which campaigns are effective, and evaluating the effectiveness of our communications and our marketing campaigns.
In addition to the uses described above, we may use your PII for any of the following:
Who We Share Your Information With
- To contact you regarding the status of your inquiries relating to services or products listed on our Websites or confirm, complete or update your registration or for any other business reason related to your use of our Websites.
- To contact you in response to a customer service question from you, or in relation to any issue arising in respect of the agreement between us and you, or to resolve or attempt to resolve a dispute between users or between us and you.
- To process credit card payments approved in advance by you and help us establish and verify your identity.
- To process, service or enforce, or send related communications regarding, transactions you make using our Payment Processing Service.
- To improve the experience of using the Websites, improve Nextag's products and services, improve marketing and promotion of our products and services, customize the Websites' content and layout, and generally improve the Websites to meet your needs better.
Publicly available information: Certain information that you provide, such as your lists, is publicly available unless you choose to make it private. You may control the information that is publicly available by signing into your account and adjusting your settings. Additionally, if you choose to activate the setting, some Websites allow you to publish your activity or interactions with our Websites to your social networking account.
Aggregated information: We aggregate personal information into statistics about users, their usage of the Websites, traffic patterns, and demographics. We may provide third parties, including merchants, partners and advertisers with such statistics, but never in a way that would make the information personally identifiable. This data is aggregated from millions of users who visit the Websites each month.
Anonymous Information: We may provide your anonymous use and browsing information, including the search queries that you enter or products that you view on our site, to third parties, which may include allowing merchants, partners and advertisers, to place cookies and/or web beacons on the Websites and/or clear gifs in our HTML emails to collect the information described in Section 2(ii) above, to allow third parties to optimize and/or provide you with advertisements that are tailored to your interests.
Merchants and Partners: If you click from the Websites to visit a merchant or other partner, we may provide information about your use of the Websites, such as your search queries, to the merchant or partner, to allow them to provide results that are more tailored to your interests.
Service Providers: We may use external service providers to facilitate, improve or outsource elements of our service or operation of the Websites, including processing credit card transactions, sending emails, and providing marketing assistance or analysis. We may provide your information to, or exchange your information with, these service providers for use in their provision of services to us, such as fraud protection and credit risk reduction or marketing analysis. These external service providers may have access to personally identifiable information needed to perform their functions or services to us, but may not use it for other purposes.
Business Transfer and Affiliates: We may share your information with companies that are affiliated with us, that is, are our direct or indirect subsidiaries or parent or sister companies. As we continue to develop our business we might buy or sell companies, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information is generally one of the transferred assets but remains subject to the provisions of any pre-existing privacy statement. In the event that we or substantially all of our assets are acquired, your information may be one of the transferred assets and we may share or assign it with an actual or potential acquirer.
Other Trusted Parties: We may provide your contact information and other personal data to trusted third parties so they may provide information to you on products and services that may be of interest to you.
Advertisers: We may share information with advertisers as described in the Interest-Based Advertising section below. Accessing and Changing Your PII
Registered users can review personally identifiable information by signing in using your member name or email address and password, and in some cases, logging in through your social networking account, and then clicking on your "Account" or "Profile" link. You also may add new credit card or shipping information, or modify existing credit card or shipping information, by accessing your Account page. Notwithstanding any request from you, we may retain a record of your information that is necessary to comply with applicable law or as necessary to manage your account. To view or change your preferences regarding your use of the Websites and our use of that information, including for the purpose of providing you with advertisements that may be of interest to you, please click here. If you use a buy or check out feature on our Websites, you may select to store your credit card information with us. If we store your credit card information, we will store it on secure servers. For more information on how we protect your credit card information, please refer to Section 7 below.
For access and changes of any other data, please contact us at the address below. Upon receipt of your request, which may be subject to identification verification, we will provide you with reasonable access and comply with appropriate data correction requests in accordance with applicable law. For access requests, we will respond within thirty (30) days upon receiving your request.
You should also note that if we have provided your information to third parties or if you have allowed third parties to access information through our Websites (such as by publishing your activity and interaction with our Websites to your social networking account, such as Facebook), you will have to make a separate request to them directly if you want to have your information removed from, or corrected in, their databases. Interest-Based Advertising
Nextag may display interest-based advertising, also known as personalized or targeted advertising, to you on both the Websites and on unaffiliated sites, using information that we collect when you interact with the Websites or information made available to us by third parties. Please see the Your Information and How We Use It section for more information on the types of information we gather, including from third parties, which allow us to provide you with more useful and relevant ads. We do not provide personally identifiable information to advertisers or third party sites that display our ads. We also may provide information about your use of the Websites to advertising partners to allow them to show you more relevant advertisements on their sites or in their advertising networks.
The Network Advertising Initiative and the Digital Advertising Alliance's Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising offers useful information about Internet advertising companies "), including information about how to opt-out of their information collection practices. To receive further information or to opt out of information collection by these companies, or to obtain information about the technologies they use or their own privacy policies, visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/index.asp and http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
Email: We understand you may not want to receive promotional email from us or from our partners and advertisers. You can choose to opt out of receiving promotional email communications by selecting to opt out if and when you register on our Websites, by following the unsubscribe instructions in the email communication you receive from us, or by contacting us directly.
To opt out of receiving promotional mailings after you have registered, or click the appropriate unsubscribe link contained within the email that you receive, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org , or for Nextag promotional mailings, you may also click here. Opting out may prevent you from receiving email regarding updates and improvements to the Websites or offers and promotions that may interest you.
In some cases you have the option to submit personal information in order to forward this information to our partners that have products or services in which you may be interested. In the event we share this information with our partners (e.g., service providers), we no longer have control over the use of such information and your rights regarding such use will be governed by the policies of our partners. You will then have to contact them directly with any opt-out request.
Advertising preferences: We may collect information about your interaction with our advertisements by using advertising cookies. To opt-out of these advertising cookies, please click here. We may allow advertising partners to record that you have visited the Websites to allow us to provide you with relevant advertising on the partners' sites. To opt-out of these partner advertising cookies, please click here.
Personalization preferences: To change your preferences regarding your search, browsing and purchase history and our use of that information, including to provide you with advertisements that may be of interest to you, please click here. Security Measures to Protect Your Personal Information
The security and confidentiality of your information is very important to us. We have implemented technical, administrative, and physical security measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access and improper use. We review our security procedures on a regular basis to consider new or updated and appropriate technology and methods. However, no method of transmission of information over the Internet, or method of electronic storage of information, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
To help ensure that your credit card information is secure, we use secure sockets layer (SSL) software (which encrypts the information you input) when you give us your credit card information, and we reveal only the last four digits of your credit card number when confirming your order. All of your credit card information is encrypted. Once we store your credit card information, it is not displayed anywhere on the Websites other than in the Account Management section as described in Section 4 above.
It is important that you use a strong password and protect your password from unauthorized use. Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits residents of California who use our service for private, family or household purposes to request certain standard information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes (including a list of categories of data disclosed in the previous calendar year and names and addresses of data recipients). To make such a request, please contact us as provided below. Internet Crime Complaint Center
Nextag wants your Internet surfing experience to be safe. Help protect yourself. If you believe you have been a victim of Internet crime you can file a complaint with the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3), a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the National White Collar Crime Center. Their website is http://www.ic3.gov/. Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Website Privacy Statement, the practices of the Websites, or your use of the Websites, please contact us at:
2955 Campus Dr., 3rd Floor
San Mateo, CA 94403 email@example.com